Capcom Tuesday released new gameplay details for the upcoming game Umbrella Corps including the just-revealed “Multi-Mission” mode.
Multi-Mission mode supports as many as six players in a match where the first team to win three out of the five rounds will be the victor. As with the game's previously-announced “One Life Match” mode, the action is designed to be fast and intense with a three minute time limit for each round.
As the name implies, Multi-Mission mode consists of rounds that cycle through eight different rulesets at random. This allows the same team members to consecutively enjoy different gameplay experiences in a seamless way, and provides an expedited matching process for quickly getting into the game. With the random ruleset selection, all teams must stay on their toes to adapt their tactics each round in order to come out on top.
The rulesets for Multi Mission mode are:
- Target Hunter – One target will be chosen per team and only killing that target will count towards the score. Players can choose whether to focus on protecting their own target or aggressively attacking the enemy target.
- Respawn Match – Team deathmatch featuring respawns. Take advantage of the on-screen sound radar map to locate the enemies’ random respawn points.
- Domination – Secure the specified data transmission point located within the stage for a longer time than the enemy team in order to win.
- DNA Hunter – Kill zombies and collect their DNA samples. Destroying the opposing team’s Zombie Jammers is a key strategy in this mode.
- SP DNA Hunter – Kill the special mutated zombies and collect their DNA samples. They are particularly tough and immune to the effects of the Zombie Jammer. It'll take teamwork to bring these creatures down.
- Collector – Teams battle it out to see who will be first to collect all 5 briefcases in the stage.
- Protector – Find the briefcase and hold it for as long as possible, while fending off the opposition. The player who has it will become a moving target, so teams must work together effectively.
- Collar War – Collect the battle data "collars" of downed enemy players, and pick up allies' collars to prevent the enemy team from getting points.
Umbrella Corps is in development for PlayStation 4 and PC. The game is scheduled for release