Video game publisher Maximum Games is showing five games at this year's E3 Expo in Los Angeles with a lineup that includes to brand new titles.
Being shown at the trade show by Maximum Games are:
- Troll & I, which is newly announced and set to release in early 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, is a game about adventure, survival, and unlikely friendship. The game features a progressive storyline and dual character control as players will take the role of Otto, a young boy forced to escape his destroyed village, and his companion, a mighty Troll. Together, they embark on a journey through the dense, harsh and unforgiving forest in a quest to defeat the hunters threatening their homeland.
- The Golf Club 2, which is the sequel to The Golf Club, carries an early 2017 release window for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Maximum Games says the sequel "will continue to expand upon all of the qualities" of the original. The Golf Club 2 offers multiplayer features, a new career mode, and "limitless" customization, allowing players to rise to fame in a vibrant, virtual golfing community.
- Mark McMorris Infinite Air, which was one of Maximum's previously-announced titles, is an open-world, physics-based snowboarding video game built in partnership and close collaboration with top pro-snowboarder Mark McMorris. Coming out this Autumn for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Infinite Air infuses snowboarding with the thrill of massive air in real-world competitions such as Slopestyle and Halfpipe. Players will explore a vast backcountry and compete against friends, building and riding their own terrain parks and carving first tracks in pristine powder. The game features procedural mountain generation and a full feature editor with which users can have "near infinite options to create and share their ultimate runs."
- Road Rage, another of the company's previously-announced titles, is scheduled to release this Autumn for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game boasts heavy melee-based combat racing that "promises a pure adrenaline motorcycle ride for all." It features 42 story-based missions in which players take the helm as Ace, the newest member of the outlaw motorcycle club controlling underground crime in the city of Ashen. In Road Rage, players get to ride through a vastly open-world environment, play 11 distinct characters, customize their bikes and weapons, and rise to the top of the motorcycle clan.
- Loading Human: Chapter One, the final of the five titles Maximum Games is showing at E3 this year, is one that is specifically designed for virtual reality. Releasing for PlayStation 4 and Oculus Rift this October, Loading Human is a futuristic sci-fi adventure that blends story, interactivity, and physical gameplay. It's an episodic VR adventure game set in the 22nd century and chapter one lays the foundation for the story as players take control of Prometheus, a scientist summoned by his dying father to embark on a mission to retrieve the Quintessence (which is the most powerful energy source in the universe, by the way). His father’s life is at stake and it’s up to players to save him.
Maximum Games was established in 2009, founded by female entrepreneur Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of digital consumer products and channel marketing.